Your Spouse/Partner

Your spouse or cohabiting partner can apply for a residence permit in accordance with the Danish law on family reunification.

Residence permit for your spouse/partner

If your spouse or partner has an EU, EEA, Swiss, or Nordic citizenship, he or she is allowed to reside in Denmark due to the right of free movement. If this is not the case, you and your spouse will have to meet some requirements concerning you, your spouse, and your marriage/partnership. Note that special rules apply to researchers.

Should your spouse or partner choose to study during his or her stay in Randers, you can find information about education in Randers, including tuition in the Danish language and culture, here.


All couples who live in Randers and wish to marry must fill in a marriage declaration. You can fill in the declaration by using the self-service solution below or you can go down to the Citizen Service Center, located at Odinsgade 14, 8900 Randers C, and get a marriage declaration there.

You have to pay DKK 850 to get married by the local authority in Denmark. If you use the self-service solution, you will be asked to pay before you submit the form to the local authority. You can only pay by credit card, and your credit card will be debited once you have filled in the declaration and submitted it.