The Citizen Advisor should help to strengthen the dialogue between citizens and the municipality’s administration. The Citizen Advisor is an employee of the City Council and an advisory and appeal body that is independent of the administration.
Every citizen in Randers Municipality can contact a Citizen Advisor for free.
Purpose and abilities
The purpose of the Citizen Advisor is to:
- strengthen the legal rights of citizens and ensure the service they are entitled to.
- help people through the municipal system and ensure that they are heard.
- improve the municipality’s ability to serve the citizens.
With the Citizen Advisor you can:
- complain about the municipality's management of a case, an employee's behaviour, etc.
- get help if you have difficulty understanding a decision by the municipality.
- get information and advice on how to complain about the municipality’s decisions and who can deal with your complaint.
- get help to move forward with a complaint if you have experienced discrimination in the municipality.
- help to restore dialogue with municipality employees if there is a conflict.
- make suggestions about how the municipality's case management and control can be improved.
The citizen advisor can also participate in a conversation that you are uneasy about. The citizen advisor can help you prepare for the conversation and talk to you afterwards about what came out of the conversation.
The Citizen Advisor cannot deal with complaints about:
- the subject matter in municipality decisions.
- political decisions, for example, service level, etc.
- employment in the municipality.
- comparison to other review bodies dealing with a particular complaint.
Usually, the Citizen Advisor does not handle complaints older than a year. There will have to be a specific evaluation for such a complaint to be considered.
Contact the Citizen Advisor
You are always welcome to contact a Citizen Advisor - by phone, by email or in person. If you decide to use a Citizen Advisor, it is a good idea to call and make an appointment.