There are three different types of guidance centres:
- Municipal youth guidance units with the responsibility for guidance regarding the transition from compulsory education to youth education and for contacting young people who have not completed youth education nor is attached to the labour market before the age of 25.
- eGuidance is for everyone looking for information about education and employment. See below for details.
- Regional guidance centres with the responsibility for guidance regarding the transition from youth education to higher education.
The Ministry of Education also manages a national guidance portal - UddannelsesGuiden (the Education Guide) - that provides information on:
- Education and training opportunities at all levels
- Labour market conditions and statistics
- Study programs taught in English at Danish colleges and universities.