When You Arrive

If you have come to work and live in Denmark for the first time, there are some important practical matters, you need to attend to.

When you arrive in Randers, Denmark

You need to:

You can read more about this at the Danish Customs and Tax Administration’s website.

Registering in Denmark

It is important to know that there are different rules for registering in Denmark, depending on which country you come from.

When you want to report your move to Denmark from a foreign country, you must complete and print the form "Arrivals from foreign countries".

After having completed the form, you must deliver it in person at the Citizen Service (Borgerservice), Odinsgade 14, 8900 Randers C.

When you deliver the form at the Citizen Service, you must also bring:

  • your passport.
  • your work contract (if you have a Danish employer).
  • your study contract (if you are going to study in Denmark).

If you are from another Nordic country, you must bring your Nordic personal number. You will have to deregister from your previous Nordic home country, as a Nordic person can be registered in one country only.

If you are not from a Nordic Country, you must bring your residence permit as well as the identifications papers that are applicable to your case, including relevant marriage and birth certificates.