Residence for Spouses and Partners

If you want to move to Denmark with your spouse, registered or cohabiting partner, he or she will need a residence permit. The rules applying to you will depend on your nationality and profession.

Your spouse, registered or cohabiting partner can apply for a residence permit in accordance with the Danish law on family reunification.

If your spouse or partner has an EU, EEA, Swiss or Nordic citizenship, he or she is allowed to reside in Denmark due to the right of free movement. If this is not the case, you and your spouse will have to meet some requirements concerning you, your spouse and your marriage/partnership. Finally, special rules apply to researchers.

Read more about your specific situation here

Should your spouse or partner choose to study during his or her stay in Randers, you can find information about education in Randers, including tuition in the Danish language and culture.