Financial Support

You can apply for a full or graduated grant for children attending childcare institutions, or child-minders.

Apply via Digital Pladsanvisning, or in person or by calling the Pladsanvisningen office when your child has been enrolled in a childcare facility (contact information available in the light gray box). The grant is calculated on the basis of the applicant’s personal income, together with that of spouse/cohabiter where applicable (gross income minus ATP (Danish Labour Market Supplementary Pension Scheme), AM-contributions (social security contributions) and deductible pension contributions, if any).

Go to Digital Pladsanvisning

You cannot obtain grants retrospectively.

Financial support is not available for school junior clubs from 4th to 7th grade.

Grant Information, based on income

The table below lists the grants available for childcare facilities as from 1 January 2013:

Income DKK*

Your payment as a percentage of full fee

Up to and including 158.800

Payment: 0 % (free care)

158.801 to 162.321

Payment: 5 %

162.322 to 493.299

Within this interval, payment will increase by 1 % for each DDK 3.520 kr. increase in income

493.300 and above

Payment: 100 % (full fee)

You can receive a deduction in your income of DKK 7.000 for each additional child under the age of 18, who lives at home. Single providers are eligible for a deductible income allowance of DKK 55.559 yearly.  

When you have been awarded a full or graduated grant, please remember:

  • To check that the household income disclosed by you in connection with your grant corresponds to your personal income (gross income minus ATP, AM-contributions and deductible pension contributions, if any)
  • To inform us via Digital Pladsanvisning of any changes in your income or family set-up.

Failing to inform us of a wage increase means that you might be receiving a higher grant than you are entitled to, and you will subsequently receive a demand for additional payment.


If you are self-employed you must, in addition to the application form, also complete the form Opgørelse af indkomst for selvstændige (Statement of income for the self-employed).